Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recipe Of The Day: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Soup

Ok, so I don't normally "LOVE" new recipes I make, because I'm too hard on myself, and used to my "normal" recipes. But this recipe I can truly say I enjoyed, and it was SOOOO EASY as most crock pot meals are. I kind of invented my own recipe by merging 2, so I don't have anyone to give credit to.

Ingredients:

3 Cans Cream Of Chicken Soup
1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 Can of chicken broth or something equivalent
3 chicken breasts (can be thawed, but mine was frozen!)
1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
Rice

1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 packet italian dressing seasoning

Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste.
Shredded cheddar cheese.

Add cream of chicken, cheese soup, chicken broth, cream cheese and "garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste" in the crock pot. Cook on high for a half hour to let every thing melt together. Mix well after half hour, using an electric mixer if necessary.

Combine 1/4 tsps of salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian dressing seasoning in a bag or bowl, and season the chicken with the mixture. Add chicken to crock pot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours. At this point, chicken should "fall apart". Shred chicken.

I used instant rice. I made 2 cups of rice. Rice should be prepared prior to cooking, so you can cook it however you prefer. Once cooked, add to crock pot and stir. Serve. I topped it with a little bit of shredded cheese.

Voila!! Nice and easy! You don't even NEED to thaw the chicken!! And I'm sure as long as the cream cheese was soft enough, you wouldn't need to do the whole half hour thing, which I know is a pain if you are going to work, but you could always throw the stuff together, take your shower and get ready, and then finish it up. This was a VERY filling soup, and I thought the flavor was perfect.

Bill added salt, but he likes to swim in salt so.... yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment